Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Powdered doughnuts…



Everyone has heard the saying "a picture's worth a thousand words" the question in my house is, how many of those thousand are four letter words? Do you know what's wrong with the world today? In my days of growing up, if my parents walked in and caught me like this they would have kicked my butt, not busted out a camera and started taking pictures! (That could be the reason that this has been the scene four times in my house in the last week.) The first time, I took pictures, he has been scolded everytime after:)
This little guy has discovered a fascination with baby powder. You think I would have chucked it all the first time. Apparently I like to be tortured! Today while I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom, Dominic (who I thought was watching "Bob the Builder" was turning his room into a snow covered delight, again.) I was trying to clean my house because I had a primary meeting at my house tonight. Of course, Dominic takes no nap today, makes three messes in the time it takes for me to clean up one mess, wakes up Jade, whines, spills liquid on just mopped floors, drags out every toy he owns, manages to make his room look like a tornado just hit it. Needless to say, he has successfully pushed every one of my buttons today!
Okay, so after just typing that I feel really guilty. He did do some sweet things today. When I found my little powdered doughnut perched on the changing table sprinkling baby powder all over, he said (when he saw me) "I made Mama sad." He also was helping me "clean" at one point by wiping the chairs with Lysol wipes. He really is a sweet boy, even if he does make incredible messes.
(Why do I feel like I need some Prozac right now?)

10 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Oh my heck! I just laughed so much my stomach hurts. That is so funny and the fact that you called him your little powdered doughnut and his room into a snow covered delight.What a way with words you have! Thanks for the visual. :)

Britney and Jaron said...

Your kids are so cute and what a funny story! It is so great to see pictures of you and Brad. It really has been way to long!

Heidi said...

WOW!! Dominic is such a little ball of energy! He looks so cute in the pictures you took! I remember you told us he did that a few weeks ago! The snow man strikes again! He is so dang CUTE!! Just think, in a few months Jade will be helping him do that! HA!

Sara said...

That is hilarious! That crazy little D! You can't help but love that little stinker:) I feel like I could use some prozac dealing w/Madison day in and day out!LOL. I love the New Kids on the Block song...Too funny! That's classic!

Mandy Frehner said...

The New Kids on Block song was 100% Brad. He added it to our playlist. :)

hollybake said...

LOL That is FANTASTIC! My girls haven't quite gotten there yet but I am sure very soon! Hope you are doing well!

Lori said...

If it makes you feel better Sophie was playing in the toilet like 10 time this morning. I finally did beat her butt. I am so sick of washing her hands! Better baby powder than toilet water.

Jacob and Emily said...

So, I hope he doesn't find the flour and realize that's almost the same consistency! THis is too funny!

Lori said...

Dominic you are a naughty boy, when I come down there I'm gonna get you----love, ANNIKA

Lindsey said...

Isn't that just the luck? Everytime you are busy preparing for something, your kids always need extra attention! Oh, and the lake tramp, not as fun as you would imagine. Its not really springy, but it does have a slide.