Saturday, July 5, 2008

Check out my Slide Show!

Happy 4th of July!
I love the 4th of July. Today was a fun day. We hosted a BBQ at our house with Matt, Heidi and family, Sara, Mike and family, Grandma and Grandpa Frehner and Grandma and Grandpa Byington. I wish we had a bigger eating area because everyone was trying to balance their paper plate on couch cushions and their laps:)
We had a feast of brats, hot dogs for the kiddos, carne asada from the Mexican meat market (yummy), pasta salad, macaroni salad, potato salad, grilled corn on the cob and my amazing fruit trays that I got for $1.00 at Food 4 Less.
After grubbing on food we walked to Water Street for the City of Henderson fireworks show. It was good ten minutes of beautiful fireworks. After that, we watched our neighbor's illegal fireworks, hoping the roman candles wouldn't land on our roof anf torch our house. Finally, the "men" (Brad, Matt and Mike) lit our humble collection of pyrotechnics! I think the boys enjoyed the fireworks more than the kiddos!
We had a very fun day. We are grateful to live in a country where we have so many freedoms. In a time where people can be so negative about the country we live in, I am so thankful that our Heavenly Father preserved this nation to be the place where the gospel could be restored. We take so many things for granted, we are very lucky to be able to raise our little family and be so blessed. God bless the USA. We love America!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

We had to much fun at your house Mandy! Thanks for letting us come over! Love the slide show! I know that Cadence & Arielle (and Chloe) had very FUN 4th of July!

Sara said...

Your pictures turned out great (like always)! I have some cute ones of Jade! We had a fun time w/you guys! Let Brad know that I have some great pictures of him on my blog...hehe:)

Me said...

I love the pictures!!! Jaders looks just like you! I've never done a slide show, I'm behind the times.
I agree with your words about our great country. AMEN!

Peyton AWESOME said...

cool slide show!

Katie said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th of July. Cute pictures of everyone in their red, white, and blue!

Hibbard Family said...

What a fun holiday! How was the show being at Water Street insteat of the park? I like the slideshow :)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Love all the pictures and thanks for reminding people how important our freedoms are and the church. :)

Lanier Household Creations said...

Hey! I'm glad you found my blog! We love the Fourth of July too! I love your slide show! Your kids are such cuties!