Monday, July 28, 2008

Life's little changes

We've had many little changes in our household recently that have impacted our little world. First of all, Brad just finished his first week as an accountant at a CPA firm in Las Vegas! He is enjoying his job so far, and I'm enjoying taking his suits to the dry cleaners on a regular basis. (Not really, but he does look pretty handsome in them) I am grateful for everything he does for our family. He is still chugging away at his Masters classes too and will be done in December if all goes well. Then he will turn his efforts to the CPA exam. I'm looking forward to the day that my husband can come home from work and just be home and not study (I'm sure I'm not alone on that one!) (I don't know what will be left of the blogging world when all of our husbands are just home.)
I think the next change that is rocking my world a bit is Jaders crawling! She is so stinkin' cute! She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth and then makes a nose dive for something. I just hate that she can get little pieces of junk in her mouth - I think it is a nightmare for every mother of a crawler!
Next, a got a new church calling - the primary president. I was called about two months ago and I'm just now numbing from the shock. We had our first activity on Saturday - the pioneer day breakfast for the whole ward. It went well and I'm just glad it is done and over with. Things have gone pretty smoothly. I love the little kids and I am working with some really talented people. It certainly just goes to show that when you're comfortable, the Lord has a way of shaking things up a bit!

7 comments:

CB said...

Mandy, I am sure you are doing awesome in your new calling...I can't think of anyone who could do it better!

Heidi said...

Mandy, that is so exciting for you guys! We are so excited for Brad! Matt told me that he met my cousin at work the other day. Anyway, Jade is so cute crawling. I guess it is time for another one right? I have to say thought, I don't think that I could be Primary Pres. after just having a baby... you are doing a wonderful job! Keep it up!

Lindsey said...

That is a scary calling! Alot of responsibility for a mother of a 6 month old baby! Macie has been rocking on her hands and knees for a couple of weeks, she turns in circles and goes backwards. One of these days she'll get it right!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Isn't it great when things get all changed up?! (said with sarcasm) I bet you are amazing at being the Primary President! :)

Sara said...

Jade is the cutest little thing crawling around:) I'm glad your Pioneer Day breakfast went well! I would have been a stress case if I had to do that:)

Michelle said...

You sound like you have a lot on your plate! I bet you make a great Primary president. I agree with you...I can't wait for my husband to be done studying too.

Hibbard Family said...

I always feel like I have near breakdowns whenever life turns upside down like this. But I'm sure you are managing great, good luck with the calling!