Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jade is 6 months!




Jade hit the six month mark on the 15th. I had a "well" check scheduled today that turned out to be a sick appointment! She hasn't been sleeping well the past few nights…okay she hasn't been sleeping at all! (Which makes for a grumpy mama might I add.) Turns out the poor girl has a double ear infection. After a big o bottle of amoxicillian, hopefully she'll be ear infection free next doctor's visit in two weeks. (I couldn't bear to make her suffer through shots today!)

Jade's six month stats: 16 pounds, 24 inches (average on weight, a little short on height)
Accomplishments: she can crawl/scoot (I, know, why is it always the people (like me) with crap on their floor constantly that have kids that crawl before six months!)
she just discovered her feet!
she loves Dominic!
she isn't into any food whatsoever - just nursing, a lot (which happens to be my exercise regimine at the moment)
she has the cutest laugh and really gets going when you tickle her ribs or neck
makes the "lip face" often - which I'm pretty sure she gets from me. (I always tuck my lips in when I'm concentrating)
(The last picture shows this face!

We love, love, love our little Jade.

8 comments:

CB said...

I cannot believe she is 6 months! She is growing so fast and doing so many fun things right now! Yay Jade!

Lori said...

Cute kid, I can't believe she weighs 16 pounds. Sophie only weighs 18. I thought maybe she could move to the forward facing carseat, but not yet, bummer. She looks adorable in that outfit, looks familiar.

Sara said...

Those picts. are so cute! It seems just like yesterday that she was born! I love her little crawl that she does...She looks like a little baby doll crawling along the floor:)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

She is so cute! :) Double ear infections are the WORST. Poor little thing. Hope she feels better soon!

lqwakestud22 said...

yes I am liking the Jadster. I hope she comes and sees me with that cute smile. By the way to answer you question. I believe the yearbook adivser name is Mr. Wood and he works at Timberline Middle School. But he told me that lifetouch does their yearbook. I will see what I can do for him getting switch from the dark side lol, its not Jostens though

Katie said...

Jade is so cute! I can't believe that girl is already crawling. You're going to be chasing 2 kids going different directions pretty soon. THAT will be your new workout! hee, hee

Lindsey said...

Six months already...it seems like just yesterday we were sitting at Doctor Juarez's office for our first visit!

Michelle said...

Hey Mandy,
Thanks for the message! It was really nice to visit with you at the park the other day. Your kids are so cute and the pictures are to die for. We should set up a meeting for everyone to get together and play!

Michelle