Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend wrap up

We were going to have a pretty typical weekend at the Frehner household that usually involves going out to eat at some point and Brad studying…a lot.
On Friday, we had our first primary activity for my new calling. We had a teacher appreciation ice cream social for the teachers at the park. I bought way too much ice cream and we were well represented by the bishopric and primary presidency…the teachers, not so much. Oh well, it was still fun.
On Saturday, a rarity. Brad and I went to lunch by ourselves to Sushi Twister (not my pick, but it was really good.) It was so nice to go out with Brad sans kids. I told him previously that it wasn't that rewarding to go out trying to wrestle/nurse/console, etc. children. Luckily Grandma Wendy watched the little ones so Brad and I could have some adult conversation mainly about whether or not to take a new job with an accounting firm.
It looks like Brad is going to accept the job. So a pretty normal weekend turned out to be quite eventful!
Oh, p.s. then Brad watched the kids so I could get a pedicure. I was so grateful- thank you, thank you, thank you:) I'm a better mom for it with cute toes.

5 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

All moms need cute toes to be a GOOD mom. :) lol Ok, maybe not really but you sure do feel a lot happier when you have cute toes. Having lunch without the kids sounds way nice. Any alone time you can get with your husband is always nice.

Sara said...

I'm glad you were able to get your toes done, I just wish I would have went w/you:) We need the guys to watch the kids more often so we can always have cute toes! I'm glad you guys had some alone time to figure out the whole job thing...I know how it feels to make big decisions! You know how Mike and I are, we think we've come to a conclusion and the next minute we've completely changed our minds! I'm excited for you guys:)

Heidi said...

That is nice you got your toes done! The last time I had mine done was the day before I had Chloe! I need them done again bad!
Congrats on Brad's new job! That is so exciting!
We are excited for the 4th!

Jacob and Emily said...

This is awesome! What a great weekend: no kids, new job, and painted toes!! Congrats!

lqwakestud22 said...

Hey you didn't tell me that Brad got a new job offer? That is exciting, hope ti goes well. Love Joey B