Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dinner this week…

So I am always trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I have found that I spend the least amount of money and actually follow through with dinner when I have a plan for all my meals for the week. I often feel like I get into a cooking rut and make the same 'ol things over and over. So, I am going to try ot blog my weekly meal plan in hopes that my bloggin buddies will do the same and I can get some variety in meals! So here goes…

Monday - FHE (my wonderful mom cooks for all of us - how lucky are we? One less day I have to plan for. She made Sloppy Joes with corn on the cob)

Tuesday - Brats with chips and fruit
Brad grilled the brats, opened the bag of BBQ kettle chips from Fresh 'n Easy, washed grapes, etc. for fruit

Wednesday - Lori's chicken Vodoo Salad (had great reviews from Corey, can't wait to make it.)
Check out Lori & Earl's blog for the recipe

Thursday - Sweet & sour meatballs (never have tried it, but they sound good)
Go to sugardoodle.net/melsrecipes

Friday - Hula stir fry (again, a first time meal, I'll let you know the out come)
Go to sugardoodle.net/melsrecipes

Saturday - Navajo tacos (Sara's concoction, last time I made them -yum!)
Basically, a twist on traditional tacos. Instead of using shells, make scones from Rhodes rolls. I top with some homemade guac., salsa and sour cream. We scarffed them down last time.

Sunday - Day of rest! Dinner at Brad's mom. I usually try to bring dessert.

Okay, now everyone post your meal plan so I have something to cook next week!
(I've already done the Taco Bell, McDonald's and Wendy's plan for the past month while Brad's had classes at UNLV!)

4 comments:

CB said...

Mandy you are so funny. However, I do the same thing. I plan for 2 weeks..use that to make my grocery list and away I go! You have got to try some of my Racheal Ray recipes (especially the 30 minute or less ones). I will get you copies of some of the best ones.

Driel said...

Mandy,

Thanks so much for the ideas. I struggle to plan ahead, also. I think I am going to try some of the ones you are trying, but I will try to come up with new ones and post my meal plan.

Sara said...

Your meal plan sounds good! I need to start planning out our meals better...I usually walk in the grocery store blind, and come home w/ only half of the ingredients I need for everything:) So then we end up at Don Antonios:) I'll post some of my ideas on my blog!

Hibbard Family said...

I love Sunday dinners because its a freebee at my mom's house too! I actually kinda get out of cooking because I get home kinda late, we usually just snack on whatever. But a great thing I've gotten involved in is a recipe club. A few girls in my ward get together once a month. The host picks the theme (that can get creative and fun!) and we all bring a dish that fits the particular theme. Not only is it a great way to taste out and try new recipes but also its a night out eating dinner with girlfriends!