Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Warning: Please don't read on if you don't like stories about toddler poop.

Okay, the only thing saving me from beating my son is this blog! We have been potty training this week. My most dreaded parental experience thus far. Dominic has been doing fabulous going pee. In fact, he hasn't peed his pants one time. The other day he had to go poop. So while I was on the computer, he took his underwear off and put a diaper on and pooped in it. I guess I should be grateful he was smart enough to put a diaper on, but CLEARLY he gets that he has to go. 
Today, I was giving Dominic and Jade a bath. I got Jade out and was getting her dressed. I can see the bathtub from their door - I do not have a habit of leaving my two year old to bath himself (just in case CPS is reading this!)
He came in and told me, in his matter-of-fact voice, "I pooped in the tub." Now it was too gross to make up, though I was wishing he was fibbing. 
No such luck. Do you know how gross it is to clean poo out of a bathtub? Not just little infant-got -so-relaxed-I-let-myself-go poo. MAN POOP! Brad might as well took a dump in there! Okay, sorry, super gross. Still in the venting stage! 
Well one can of comet later, so lysol, magic eraser and an entire tank of scalding hot water later, I'm pretty sure the fecal matter has left the premises. P.S. Remember that I am pregnant and blind and deaf - so my sense of smell is especially functional right now. Just thought I'd add that!
Thank me now for not taking or posting any pictures!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

That is totally sick and wrong Mandy! I am so sorry you had to clean that up! I have had to do that before, but with baby poo... not MAN poo! You poor thing:-)

Amanda said...

I love reading about toddler poop! Only if it is a story about potty training gone wrong, b/c then I don't feel so bad about how 'our' PT'ing is going!
Warn me if you are going to post a success story, I hate that!

PS-I had to fish a pair of socks out of the toilet yesterday, do you feel slightly better now?

Peyton AWESOME said...

Wow, MAN poop, tell Dominic congrats for me.

Sara said...

Hehe...that little D! What are we going to do with him? LOL. I'm just glad it was your child and not mine!~ Now that I said that, I'm in for it! I need to start potty training Luke...I just need to build up enough patience!

Jacob and Emily said...

I'm not sure why this is so funny to me!? Maybe it's because I don't have kids and I would have died. That's what makes you more amazing. Oh and I think cleaning MAN poop is resume appropriate.

Lindsey said...

You are not alone. Noah did that before too, and Avrie was in the tub with him! Don't you love changing man poop diapers - it's even worse when you have a baby too and you realize how gross toddler poop is!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Ok, so I totally laughed so hard I think I might have pulled something! I love your "Brad might as well have taken a dump in there" (Don't know if I quoted exact, but you get the picture) I'm so sorry you had to clean that! Austin was poop potty trained before pee surprisingly. I totally got so mad about the pee, but now looking back I KNOW I got LUCKY! Hope it gets easier!

Britney and Jaron said...

I have one word for this blog...HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard reading it. I totally dread the potty training. Just so you know though I do know how hard it is to clean poop out of the bathtub. One of Lexi's very first times in the big tub she decided to break it in too, I guess. No Man Poop but more runny, floating everywhere poop! I don't know which would be worse! Oh, the joys of parenting! :)

Katie said...

That story made me laugh-thank you very much :) Potty training is no fun. The only thing that keeps you going is the tremendous reward in the end. Good luck!

Hibbard Family said...

Yuck! I am so grateful I haven't had that experience yet. Potty training scares me! I hope its not the same bath you use :)

Lori said...

Subtitled: "Deuces Wild"