Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fast, cheap and easy

I love meals that are fast, cheap and easy. (That is usually a stop at the drive thru for me…)
I am trying to be better about cooking dinner because I don't want to weigh 400 pounds and I am finally regaining a little energy in the second trimester. So tonight I made lasagna. I have tried freezer Costco lasagna and I'm just not a fan. My version is cheap, fast, easy and has a vegetable in it. (Sometimes rare in my house.)
Here's the recipe if you want to make it for your family.

1 package lasagna noodles (I've even used the whole wheat ones and they are good.)
1 lb. ground beef - cooked (ground turkey or sausage would work too)
1 jar spaghetti sauce -(I buy the cheap Walmart brand with chunky vegetables)
1 package frozen or 1 bag fresh spinach
1 bag parm. shredded cheese
1 small container of ricotta cheese
2 eggs

Cook lasagna noodles, brown hamburger at the same time - season with salt pepper, garlic, onion etc.
Mix ricotta, parm and eggs together, 
(If you use frozen spinach cook it now too) If you use fresh spinach tear about two cups up and add it to the cheese mixture)
Assemble the lasagna as follows:
Noodles, meat, sauce, cheese mixture, spinach, noodles, meat, sauce, cheese mixture, spinach, noodles, little sauce to top it off, little white cheese to top it off.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Fast, cheap and easy:)

10 comments:

Peyton AWESOME said...

Sometimes i think of lasagna as Nasty Ala Barf

Heidi said...

I will have to try it! Sounds really good!

Lindsey said...

Sounds good! I haven't had to cook for months, you should seriously start a freezer meal group. It's fast, cheap, and easy!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Did I miss something? Are you pregnant? You said you are regaining more energy in the second trimester??!! Am I retarded? lol

Amanda said...

No way!! Congrats! I didn't know you were expecting again!

Sara said...

I'm going to have to try that recipe! Sounds yummy!

Lindsey said...

I would be happy to help you set up a freezer group! And I just wanted to tell you that I can start teaching GS classes again. Just let me know when! Yay! Oh, and I totally missed that you were pregnant. Congratulations. You will be in the same boat I am...watch out!

lqwakestud22 said...

Yeah simple lasagna sounds so good. It is fresh an then you have left overs to take to lunch the next day usaully. How is the D and the JAde doing? Did the package for JAde make it to your house?

jessenpetty said...

Congrats Mandy!! I had no idea and I see you every Sunday! I'm a tard! Let me know if you need e to take the kids for a little bit okay?

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

hey! We changed our blog address! It's now http://giggleswigglesandhoinks.blogspot.com/ That's where you can find us. I'll be sending out an email too so if I have your email you will get an email too. :) Thanks!!