Saturday, October 4, 2008

Once upon a time

there was a girl who worked all the time. She just returned home from teaching a workshop in Arizona. A sweet boy came to pick her up after a long weekend of teaching lots and lots of students how to make yearbooks. She was so tired and it was really late. The boy kept asking her if she wanted to get something to eat. She said no. (So rare for this girl that usually loves to eat.) He kept pestering her to eat, to get ice cream or something. She kept telling him no, she wanted to go home and go to sleep. He kept driving, but not to her house. He kept asking questions and finally, he asked her to marry him. And five years ago today, she said yes.



This is the oldest digital I have of me and my hubby. It was our first married Christmas together in 2004.

7 comments:

Sara said...

That is too funny...I didn't realize that:) I love your new background/header! I tried using my scrapbook software for my header, but it wouldn't post the layers...One more reason I need Photoshop:) I even tried to save it as a jpg!

Lindsey said...

5 years? Time flies. I was just telling Randy yesterday that it was 5 years ago that I found out I was pregnant with Avrie. It seems like yesterday.

Me said...

I love that story. I can't believe it's been 5 years either. Craziness. Look at all the great things you guys have accomplished together in that time, too! Happy engagement anniversary!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

So cute. :) Happy engagement anniversary!

Katie said...

Wow, 5 years?! I keep thinking you're newlyweds. So much for that--you're veterans! :) Congratulations!

Melissa said...

Congrats! You are such a cute couple with a couple of cute kids!

Heidi said...

What a good story! Good thing you said YES!