Friday, October 24, 2008

More Halloween Festivities!

I went with Mike and Sara to their ward trunk or treat with the kiddos tonight. It was really fun. I told Sara I think I have a better time dressing my kids up than they like to be dressed up!
I was so excited to put D and Jade in their costumes. Dominic, because he makes a dang cute Buzz Lightyear (with an even cuter "to infinity and P - yond!") and that adorable little Buzz, Woody, Jesse trio walking around! AKA D, Luke and Madi. Jade, because I had this vision for her costume and about $6.00 later was able execute it. She is the cutest little ladybug I've ever seen!
Growing up, I don't think I ever had a store bought costume. My mom made my costumes until I was in third grade, then I started making my own! I remember being a butterfly, princess and genie - all handmade by my mom. Then one year I was a punk rocker, and the best was when I was a clown in 5th grade. I stapled a hula hoop to a baby-doll style shirt. It was pretty clever if I do say so myself:) Am I the next Martha Stewart? Probably not. But I do have fun tinkering with things:)

6 comments:

Katie said...

Everyone is so cute! I love that you were able to make the cutest ladybug costume I have ever seen for $6. Nothing is better than that!

Me said...

I love the coordinating costumes!! They are all so cute!

Sara said...

I'm so glad you came out to our trunk-or-treat! Buzz and Woody had to get cute pictures together:) Jade's costume was so dang cute...you'll have to teach me how to make the tutu's:)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Such cute costumes! Absolutely adorable.

Kerri said...

The kids look so cute. Jade is already like the cutest kid and that costume just makes her look even cuter. D looks like he is having the time of his life being Buzz.

Hibbard Family said...

I love the costumes - your kids are so cute!