Friday, June 20, 2008

Serious blond moment



So for the past few weeks I've been using this really good smelling laundry detergent becuase Brad was not satisfied with the old Costco million loads for ten dollars bucket of soap.
I have been using Gain Apple Mango Tango detergent. I even bought the dryer sheets to make our clothes smell especially nice. Putting in my first load of laundry in a few days (since I caught up on every article of clothing earlier this week) I thought, how clever am I that I got the loads on the dryer sheets to match the degtergent so I would runout at the same time! (I'm a nerd, I know) Low and behold, I discover that I have been washing all my clothes in liquid fabric softener for the past three weeks! So, while my clothes smell amazing, they are not really clean. I apologize to anyone that has been near us and our extra soft dirty clothes the past few weeks!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Mandy that is hilarious! I know you had mentioned how much you love the smell of your "new detergent." I could totally see myself doing something like that! hehe...that is too funny:)

Heidi said...

That is so dang funny!! Don't worry you smell great!

Lindsey said...

The fabric softener didn't ruin your clothes? That is really funny. I bet if you use cheap soap and good fabric softener, your clothes will probably smell just as nice!

Jacob and Emily said...

This is so funny! And I bet your clothes were probably super soft!

CB said...

I loved this story...so glad to know I am not the only one who does things like this! And so glad you are feeling better! I think Little Ab is coming down with it today. :(

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Oh my gosh! That's HILARIOUS! In your defense...it is easy to mistake the fabric softener for the detergent these days in the bottles they are putting it in. At least they smelled nice and were soft! Thanks for posting this. Made my day and good to know I'm not the only one to do goofy stuff.

Lori said...

The good news is that the odds of you starting a static-spark fire at the gas pump are now incredibly low. Safety first!

Hibbard Family said...

I've actually thought about trying that to see if it'd make the clothes smell better! Thats so funny manndy!