Monday, July 13, 2009

Welcome Hudson Boyd Frehner






Well I we have been home for a few days and adjusting to life with three kids! (Although I haven't had to adjust much since our wonderful family have been taking Dominic and Jade left and right, THANK YOU!)
Hudson made his way into the world on Tuesday, July 7 at 10:07 a.m. He was quite the little stinker and didn't want to come out without the use of forceps and the vacuum! (I know, I've never heard of that on a c-section either.)
I wasn't a huge fan of the actual c-section. In fact I pretty much screamed like I was in labor the whole time, but I wasn't. He was stuck and having big men jump on top of your stomach to try to get your kid to come out is not fun. And turns out, even with huge amounts of drugs, is rather painful! 
Recovery however, is going well. He is the cutest thing. At first Brad kept telling me that he looked just like Dominic. But then I thought he looked more like Jade. But as the days progress, he has his own little look about him. I've discovered he has the cutest little dimple, possibly dimples. I can't wait for him to smile to see them better. 
Jade and Dominic are adjusting well and enjoying all the extra attention from Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunts and Uncles and Cousins! They feel like little superstars:) Dominic is a natural with the baby. He can hold him and he is really good about getting me diapers, wipes, binkies, etc. Jade on the other hand, doesn't know her own strength! We have to watch her because most of the time she yells bay-bee and tries to "cuddle" him, aka smother the crap out of him!
I feel bad because I can't pick her up, and she doesn't get that. 

12 comments:

Heidi said...

He is so cute Mandy! I am glad that things are going well. If you need anything (krispy kreme) just let me know!

Ben and Taryn said...

Grats Mandy! It's gets easier, I promise. He is beautiful and I love his name!

Ryan and Angela said...

Congrats on you new little guy! He is cute as can be!

Keri said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie!

Katie said...

He is so handsome! I love him with his hair combed. He is such a little man! I hope you're feeling better each day. We want to come see him the weekend of Aug. 7-10. I hope that works for you guys. If not let us know.

Sara said...

He is a cutie! The more I see him the more he reminds me of Joseph:) I'm so happy for you guys! Your kids were great today! I took a picture of Jaders when she fell asleep...it was so sweet!

Lindsey said...

He is so cute, and I love his name! Congratulations!

Andrew and Sara said...

I love the name!! Congrats---He is such a little cutie!

CB said...

Hooray!! He is adorable and the girls are dying to see him. We'll come down next week..Heidi keeps reminding me that you need to come "babysit." :)

KolbyJanine said...

congrats mandy he is really cute. Jade will forget that you weren't able to hold her for these next few weeks. Im sure all the extra attention from everyone else will make it a lot easier for her. If you need anything im around the corner, and usually always home.

Melissa said...

He is adorable! I love the name too. Congratulations and I hope recovery is speedy.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Congrats! He is so cute! Good luck with having 3 kids...I'm still trying to adjust to TWO!