Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I love these kids





They might tell you otherwise since I think I yelled at Dominic like 14 times today and he tells me on a regular basis, "you're rude, Mommy." Thanks. He has been a fabulous helper lately by "cleaning" his room. He usually piles everything into the closet, but when you first walk in, the room is SPOTLESS. He is so sweet when Brad's out of town and asks everyday if his Daddy is coming home today. He has taken an interest in the days of the week and time. He is always asking what time it is. No matter what I say, he says, "No, it's 4:00." Due to his fascination with the days of the week, I've been explaining when certain things take place - Sunday = church, Monday = family home evening, Friday = Daddy comes home, etc. He always wants to know if it's Friday:) And just so I can remember this someday, another question he asks me at least 25 times a day is, "Mom, is junk a bad word?" No, Dominic, junk is not a bad word. "Mom, is sh$* a bad word?" Yes, Dominic, don't say that word. It's really bad. What am I going to do with this kid?
But seriously, I was looking at some of these pictures and cracking up. Jade is developing this little personality that is changing everyday. She says "no" pretty sassy and can communicate her wants and needs pretty clearly. She is repeating everything and "talking" up a storm. She can name tons of family members including Madi, Chloe, Abbey, Al, D-D, Mommy, Daddy, Sara, Mike, etc. 
She also like to eat crayons and has discovered coloring, most of the time it is on the wall or floor. She likes to tease Dominic, but is so sweet and if anyone is hurt she gives them loves and pats their back. She also loves baby dolls. She carries them around, puts blankets on them and yells, "bay-bees!" She covers her whole face over the dolls and kisses it. I better watch out with the new baby. I can only imagine her excitement.
Me, well, what can you say about being 35 weeks prego in the summer? It is miserable. I am doing my best trying to clean and eat my way through the next month. Can you guess which one I have pretty much mastered? Let's just say that Dr. Juarez has pointed out my stellar ability to pack on the pounds a few times!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Awww! I love D and Jaders! Those pictures are so cute! That one of them on the couch cracks me up...Jade looks soooo grown up:)

CB said...

I thought the same thing of Jade in the pic on the couch! I love watching their personalities change and develop. Seriously, let me know if you need help with anything..I meant what I said about coming down to help ya! :)

Lindsey said...

I love when babies first start talking! It is so cute! Three year old talking is pretty dang cute too. It is good that he wants to make sure he is not saying bad words! How funny!

lqwakestud22 said...

Ohhh, Mandy, I can totally relate. On being miserable and packing on pounds, that is. I remember all too clearly. You looked great when I saw you a few weeks ago, though! We can't wait to see you guys soon and meet the new Frehner boy. Jade is such a doll. Dominic's conversations are hilarious. I'm sure #3 will fit right in!

Katie said...

I can't believe how close you are to having 3 kids! Eat some for me too, I love knowing there's someone in there using up the calories. Another great reason to breast feed ;) I was lol reading those funny things your kids say. Hang in there, prego lady!

Nicole said...

Hey, Thanks so much for taking pictures of our crazy family. Please send me your home address so I can bring you some money. My e-mail is: jnaaron@gmail.com

Thanks,
Nikki