Saturday, November 1, 2008

Okay, I caved




After going to Costco yesterday, I decided my kids looked too dang cute not to dress up and go to a few neighbors houses. I loaded to little ones into the double stroller and made my way out the door (Brad stayed behind to study and pass out candy.) I went across the street to Bob's house to visit with Bob and Arleen. - Great neighbors! Then I made my way to some more ward members' houses. We stopped by Corey's grandma's house and she was kind enough to give my kiddos apples. It was a nice change. Then I saw some friends from the ward and they let me tag along with them - the Strattons, Calkins and Hendricksons and Anica and Andrea. We ended up spending like two hours trick or treating! It was really fun. Dominic "got it." He was saying trick or treat to everyone and the other kids were helping him. It was very sweet. We went home and had some visits from Grandma and Grandpa, Missy and Lilo and Stich, Melinda, Sam and Sidney and the Ashcrofts with their cute little girls (they used to live next door to us.)
And the end of trick or treating, Dominic was tired and eating his apple! Thanks Sister Williams:)

12 comments:

Peyton AWESOME said...

Sound AWESOME!!!! Me and my family went to our church and went trunk-or-treating. Aren't you glad Halloween is over? (I'm not but you probly are LOL).

Heidi said...

What a nice mommy! D and Jade were so cute for Halloween! Apples? That is very nice!

Sara said...

You're a nicer mom than me...we watched movies all night:) Too many Halloween festivities for me:) I'm hoping next year our trunk-or-treat is actually ON Halloween!

jessenpetty said...

CUTIES Mandy! It was fun seeing you guys trick-or-treating! I'm with you, I'm glad it's over! See you Sunday!

Jason & Stacy Scoble said...

Your kids are too cute!! I bet they had a blast! It's so fun to dress them up.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Your such a nice mommy! :) I was definetly done after last night. SO TIRED!!

CB said...

Leave it to my grandma to hand out apples...but seriously, that's what my kiddos were asking for this morning too! We're hoping it will help loosen Saydi's top teeth before Dr. Weaver has to pull them out! :) So glad the spooky holiday is over! My grandma loved playing with Dominic at the soccer game today. :)

Michelle said...

You're right, your kids looked too cute not to dress them up!

Riva said...

what chore it can be -- but THEY ARE SO CUTE -- how could you resist!? thanks for sharing ... yet again! ;)

Lindsey said...

What a good mom! Noah didn't even want to trick or treat. After a few cars, he started yelling at everyone who tried to give him candy. He ended up sitting by the trunk with daddy ten minutes into it!

Hibbard Family said...

I love the costumes! Way to be festive.

Hendrickson said...

What a blast!! We definitely need to do that again...Tara