Sunday, November 9, 2008

27 happy years

Yesterday I celebrated my 27th birthday! I am feeling old:) Not really, but I have reflected a bit on the last few years and how much my life has changed in just the last few. All changes for the better, of course.
I celebrated by stuffing my face at Black Angus with Brad, Dominic, Jade and my parents. I also got to go to the mall yesterday with my little family and bought Dominic some new clothes - one of my favorite things to do, push the big old double stroller around, get a pretzel, mingle with the million other Saturday shoppers, heaven, plus Brad appeased me by going with me, that was my favorite part.

Now for the really big deal…my wonderful husband is not a fan of shopping (see above). So, he tries to cover all major holidays in one fail swoop. This year he got me a new computer! It is beautiful. I seriously drool whenever I see it in the computer room.
I'm set for my b-day, Christmas, anniversary and valentine's day - probably for the next five years or so:)
I love, love, loved my birthday this year. Thanks to all that made it special!
P.S. Did you know that my first grade teacher still sends my a birthday card every year? We have the same birthday. She rocks:)

12 comments:

Me said...

Mandy, I am the worst friend in the world! I am so sorry I forgot your birthday this year!! I feel like total crap. Pleeeeeaaaaase forgive me. I will make it up to you with a lunch date really soon. Im sorry, I'm glad you had such a great day though. Nice gift!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had such a good day...you deserve it!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Mandy! I'm glad you had a fun day. A shopping day is a great way to spend it. Tell Brad he needs to pull Cory aside and give him some gift ideas. :) P.S I will be sending those pics and letter soon. Hang tight.

Jacob and Emily said...

Happy late birthday! I think Jake and I do the same thing (covering all holidays in one)! You get bigger presents! LIKE A MAC! I'm in love with ours and I hope you enjoy all the cool features!

Lori said...

Glad to hear you had such a fun birthday. I wish I could have been there to go to the mall with you. Your computer looks awesome.

Sara said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you! (Bring back SPROUT memories:)LOL. Anyway, I'm glad Brad got you that computer! Now you're all set to do anything I need you to...J/K. I'm going to get my pictures together tonight on Snapfish and I'll email everything over to you:)

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Mandy! That is a way cool gift!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday! Randy likes to buy big things for himself, then he says its for Christmas or his Birthday. Of course I can't let him go without unwrapping something!

Riva said...

27 YEARS OLD!!! Oh my, how time flys -- I have such a bad habit remembering our age these days! Hope you had a fabulous birthday. Although, I still feel as though we just finished HS... Cool gift, I hear the MAC's are really great to have -- I am assuming you are using it for your photography biz, too. With fashion illustration, I always wonder how big of a change it would be switching ... let me know how much it changes your life! :) I look forward to viewing your "mad skills" that you'll share with us soon using your new computer. **By the way -- I was informed last week teaching, that no one says "mad skills" anymore ... where did the time go?! ;) (wow, that was surprisingly a lot to say)

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Happy Birthday! LOVE your computer! In case you didn't know our family are HUGE Mac fans. :)Glad that your husband is so thoughtful.

jessenpetty said...

Happy Birthday Mandy! Sorry I missed Presidency meeting! We had our FHE last night...Oops! Our family are huge Mac fans as well. We have an IMac and Jesse has his Macbook pro for school and projects! LOOOVE ITT!

Hibbard Family said...

Happy Birthday! What a great gift!