Friday, May 16, 2008

Up to my eyeballs in laundry




Okay, so I have this mystery I have yet to solve in my humble 4.5 years of marriage. How does my house get so messy? I mean, I'm a clean person. I do housework like a madwoman at various hours of the day (I do my best cleaning at about 10:00 p.m.)
Well, I've discovered why I'm up to my eyeballs in laundry lately. There are three perpetrators. 1. Brad - He has clothes for work, play, working out and church (I've attempted to combine the work and church wardrobes without much luck). The common denominator, no matter what, they end up on the floor.
2. Jade - The poor girl spits up so much that no outfit lasts more than a couple of hours, even with a bib, burp rag, etc. We use receiving blankets for burp rags! I gues she is just prepping me for when she is in junior high and needs a new outfit everyday:)
3. And finally, you guessed it, Dominic. He really likes to dress himself. He likes to wear sweaters, mismatched pjs, anything Elmo, anything with a moving, loud thing on it (helicopter - "choppa, chop" airplane, jeep (which he thinks is "Pappa's Rhino")
Last night, he thought he would sample something from his Dad's designer collection!
P.S. I had to throw in Dominic's amazing ability to stcik three pacifiers in his mouth and Jade…because she's cute!

8 comments:

Hibbard Family said...

That's so funny Mandy... I love the pacifiers with Dominic. Kaden has a "pooty" addiction and I have pictures of him with 2 in his mouth when he just can't decide. 3 is pretty impressive!! Good luck on your laundry :)

Lindsey said...

You are so not alone. Laundry, diapers, and cleaning up after meals is my life. Can't wait til the kiddies can get all the food in their mouths and do their own laundry!

Andrew and Sara said...

I have the same problem---I tried to teach Andy how to do the Laundry, without much luck. I think he shrunk 2 sweaters and turned two of my shirts different colors. So now he's banned. \

Driel said...

D is talented!! It is amazing how fast a clean house gets messy. Moriah seems to take delight in messing up what I just cleaned!

Heidi said...

Mandy, I have only been home a few days from the hospital, and I totally feel ya on the laundry thing! HOLY COW! I forgot how much laundry and little baby can make.

Me said...

I am seriously impressed with the binkies! Go Dom!!

I wish I could say the laundry situation gets better, but it's pretty much all down hill. I try to iron 2 shirts for Mark at a time, so I know I don't have to do it again for a couple days. Trying not to bite off too much ya know?

Peyton AWESOME said...

mandy i scan my comics. just awnsering your question.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

It's NEVER ending! doesn't matter how much you clean and do laundry everything is still a mess. I only have one kid and one BIG "kid" and I can't keep up. Laundry sucks! As soon as they come up with a machine that does ALL the laundry including putting away, we'll be set!