Thursday, April 24, 2008

Never try to get just five more minutes of sleep…

So, I was up with the baby a few times last night. I think I was entitled to sleep in a tad this morning. I heard Dominic get up, he even came into my room with his usual banter about "Sissy, good mor-ding, Hi mamma, etc." Then he was ripping up some papers on my bedroom floor. Pretty harmless, so I decided to doze off for a few more minutes. Big mistake! I wake up to this thing in my face (I can't immediately identify this thing because, of course I do not have my coke bottles handy, so everything looks it has seven inches of fuzz around it.) D keeps repeating, "It's stinky, Mamma, it's stinky, Mamma." My gears start turning and I leap from my bed, realizing the blur he is holding is a diaper. I quickly get my coke bottles and brace myself for the worst. I grab the diaper, throw D in the tub and make my way to the scene: the living room. I have been thinking about getting rid of our area rug because it is really hard to vacuum. Jade has spit up on it a few hundred times, and it's just a pain to clean. I've ruined like two vacuums because of it. Well, today sealed the deal. You guessed it. Fecal matter all over it.
So I gave D a bath, Lysoled the floor, rolled up the rug and threw it away. Icing on the cake, as I was rolling up the rug, Dominic is saying, "Bye rug, see you!" about one hundred times as I put it outside.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

OH MY GOSH MANDY!!!! I AM SO SORRY! That just sucks to wake up to that. I am glad that it just got on the rug though.
Matt sent you that picture. Let me know if you got it or not.
If you need anything just call!

CB said...

Oh Mandy, that stinks! No pun intended..that D is something but so darn cute! I must say I am thankful for my girls...but Abbey is still in diapers...I hope I didn't just jinx myself! :)

Sara said...

That crazy little D! These boys! What are we going to do with them?

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Aren't boys fabulous? LOL WOW, that is so typical when you need just a MINUTE more sleep. Love the story!

Me said...

eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I thought Kyle peeing in the toilet scrubby was bad. no, poo is definitly worse.
I love the coke bottles remark. haha

Lindsey said...

Hey Mandy! I saw your blog when I was on Holly's, and it sounds like your poop experience beats out Holly's pee story! Luckily my children haven't done that YET!

Driel said...

Mandy!

That is too funny! I am sure it was far from funny at the time, but those kids are dangerous sometimes.