Sunday, April 12, 2009

My sweet little DD














Three years ago, our sweet little Dominic made his debut into the world! After being a few days overdue the doctor decided to induce me. We went in around 11:00 p.m. on April 11. I was induced and actually got to a four. I thought I was in a lot of pain, so I got an epidural around 2:00 a.m. I was also given two Ambien to get some good sleep to prepare me for the upcoming delivery (sometime the next afternoon.)
I was feeling pretty good. Next thing I remember is the nurses coming in telling me I was going to need a c-section because my baby's heart rate was dropping too low. I was so out of it that they could have told me they were going to chop off my arm and I would have been okay with it! That was at 6:00 a.m. Dominic was born at 6:43 a.m. The cord was wrapped around his neck and he had a bowel movement. He weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz.
We seriously love this little guy. He was such a good baby. At about 18 months he started to get a little wild and crazy. He has just continued to blossom into an inquisitive and talkative boy. I always joke about him having OCD - but most of the time I'm not joking! He likes to have certain things his way. He loves to play with his cousins. He talks about them and asks about each one frequently. Which I think is impressive because he has over thirty first cousins!
He is a very good big brother and lets everyone know that he is the brother. He is a good helper around the house. He is almost potty trained! Yippee! He knows his colors, can sing the ABCs, loves Taylor Swift. His favorite songs are I love to see the Temple and I am a child of God.
I could write a book about all the funny stuff he does. The most important thing is that we seriously love this kid and couldn't imagine what joy and happiness even was until he came into our lives. Happy birthday Dominic!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Dominic! Those 3 years went way too fast. Hope you had a fun one.

lqwakestud22 said...

Mandy, I loved this post. I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all! It looks like the party was a huge success. Also, loved the older pictures of Dominic. When I met him, he was 3 months old. It goes so fast! Happy Birthday, DD!

-Brittney

Parley Byington said...

Yes, we love our Dominic! Glad he lives so close and we get to see him so often.
P. S.: We WILL get the scooter fixed.