Sunday, October 3, 2010

General Conference






I was inspired by the talks given today and yesterday by our great church leaders. I look forward to rereading them in the Ensign online so I can fill in the gaps I missed taking Jade to the potty, making sippy cups, cleaning up, etc.
In a world with so much turmoil and sadness, immorality and filth, political opposition, greed, pride and selfishness, how comforting it is to listen to men and women who radiate and preach such hope, love and comfort. It gives me hope that there are good people all over who want a good world for their children to grow up in, and that makes me happy.
It's like the most t.v. I've watched in a long time:)
I was especially happy to see Dominic listen to a few talks while filling out his little word bingo card from primary. He carefully listened and check marked gospel words during a few talks. (Hey, he's 4…a three-talk attention span is nothing short of a miracle in my book!)
Well I want to be more grateful. Too many times I catch myself wishing, wanting and aspiring for more. That is okay sometimes. but I also recognized that I need to be grateful for the present. So I am going to strive to be grateful. And unlike my normal ADD self that has a tendency to do a million things at once…that's it. I am going to be more grateful. I think that alone will help many more things fall into place. And since everyone has basically left blogging for facebook…I'm pretty sure I can post my gratefulness as I please:)
And I'm going to list, because that's how I roll:

1. I am grateful for the gospel. It's a scary thing in life to not have a foundation. One that answers all the important questions. I have that. I know who I am, where I came from and where I am going.
2. I am grateful for my family. With every rear I wipe, and cry I quiet, I know I am needed and loved. I have a loving, compassionate, funny-as-heck husband that treats me well and loves and provides for our children. I know that he is working towards our eternal marriage just as much as I am. And that feels good.
Okay…those are the big ones for tonight. The two that are always mentioned in my prayers. There are many more, obvious ones. And some not so obvious. But here's to being grateful! I hope if you are reading this…you will find some things to be more grateful for…

4 comments:

CB said...

Loved this post Mandy. I enjoyed conference so much this past weekend and the messages from our leaders. Thanks for this post. :)

BrittneyB said...

I concur... I loved your post about being more thankful for things that we have in life. Sometimes it's hard to get out of the drudgery of everyday existence and really FEEL anything. General Conference always seems to put me in check, as far as that's concerned.

Today, I thought to myself how grateful I am for Costco's brand of organic liquid laundry detergent. I know it sounds weird, I really do. But it's a funny story. I don't obsess over a lot of things in life. However, when we first got married, I looked forever for a baby-safe detergent that was organic and was animal-cruelty free, but all the detergents I found pretty much broke the bank for us and were like triple the price of Tide. Then, Costco came out with this special detergent that didn't test on animals, was organic, and was super cheap. I was just something that was really important to me, and finding this was like a little tender mercy. Heavenly Father knows what we need, and appreciates when we find small things to be grateful for. So, today, I am just grateful for my laundry detergent. Among the obvious things. :)

P.S. Loved that picture of Hudson, he's looking like a little chubster! And Jade's hair is so dang long! Has it really been that long since I've seen you guys?!?

KolbyJanine said...

Great post Mandy. I too liked the talks but cant wait for them to come out in the ensign so I can get all the little peices I missed with 3 munchkins.

BTW I think that you do a good job at being positive and greatful. and the Jade post, that was totally out of her norm. She is ALWAYS a good little girl she just must have been sleepy.

kanmani said...

just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.


Conference Gift Ideas