Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America!






I love the 4th of July. It's my favorite holiday. I have a thing for red, white and blue decorations. I love patriotic music and I love to sit and watch fireworks. I don't know if this ever actually happened, but I have this vision of me as a kid watching fireworks in Boulder City and the fireworks exploding over my head and thinking that it was going to land on me! Aw…such sweet memories:) I was reminded of that memory and wonder tonight when Dominic exclaimed, "The fireworks are landing in my mouth and I can taste them!" He was pretty jazzed about the whole thing…and that makes me happy!
Tonight we celebrated at Brad's sister's house. We had perfect seats for the Henderson festivities! The kids had a great time waving their little American flags and playing with their sparklers. As with every get together we had waaay too much food, all good.
I am so grateful for this wonderful country we live in. I am grateful that I get to see and appreciate my kids' little faces in their happy moments.

1 comment:

Jacob and Emily said...

I love the 4th too! BBQ's, friends, fireworks, nice weather, and FOOD! It's seriously less stressful then other holidays.

Your kids are getting so big! I love the picture of all three of them! Such cuties!

I also remember the fireworks in Boulder City going off over my head. They were so big and right in your face! Oh the memories. Maybe next year you should give Dominic Pop Rocks as he watches the show! hahaha!